Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sonatina

I am so excited to finally be able to reveal this dress! It was my first design for the Brown Sheep Yarn Company. I love that Brown Sheep is an American company and the majority of the wool they use is domestic and that they are a family owned business. I was fortunate enough to be able work with them this summer & designed this little dress back in July.My youngest just loved wearing it and I really wanted to keep it, but it was sent off to Brown Sheep and was just shown at the TNNA trade show in San Diego last week.
The yarn is Wildfoote, a sock yarn made of 75% washable wool and 25% nylon. When I was trying to decide what to design, this yarn just told me that it wanted to become a sweet little dress instead of socks, so I went with it! The color I chose for this Spring/Summer was a handpainted combination of pinks, oranges and lavenders, but I can also imagine it in darker colors for fall, layered over a top & tights. Brown Sheep has some fantastic colors to choose from.
In the midst of making this dress, we decided to relocate to New Hampshire from San Diego (with 1 week to pack), so I had to knit like crazy to make the submission deadline right before we moved...a lot of knitting on size 2 needles! It was a very fun knit & I look forward to seeing others finished versions.

No comments: