Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Autumn Harvest Jacket

I know it isn't even officially summer yet and here I am posting a pattern for Fall 2009! I'm still getting used to creating patterns for off seasons. I knit this little jacket earlier in the Spring for Brown Sheep Yarns and they just showed it last weekend at the TNNA Summer show.

It's knit in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Superwash Wool Bulky which is a fantastic wool that is nice and squishy and has superb stitch definition. The main color is Grey Heather (SW04) and the contrasting trim is Blaze (SW145). If you've never used Brown Sheep's Superwash Wool before, check it out! They have an amazing color selection and they are a family owned company right here in the USA.


My oldest has been practicing her modelling moves...


The bulky wool knits up quickly and the pieces are seamed together with set in sleeves and optional patch pockets for collecting acorns, of course.


...and fun toggle closures...


Check out Ravelry and Flickr for more photos. Published as pattern leaflet number #0922 for Brown Sheep Company.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I Lhhhuv this pattern. Any way to order it online? I went to the brown sheep website and couldn't find it. Thanks!
Flavia


fgreardon@gmail.com

Karen said...

Hello,
I believe you can order it through your LYS if you ask for pattern #0922. I will check with Brown Sheep & get a more definite answer though!
Thank you:)
Karen