Saturday, December 6, 2014

Nothing but Socks


Well I've been trying to finish up UFOs and projects I intended to start when I bought the yarn in February in Freeport at the NETA Spa Knit and Spin. This means I've been knitting sock after sock for weeks (dare I say months yikes years even?)  For my girls, I found this fantastic tube sock pattern for kids. I love the idea of not having the heel to grow out of. Just hoping that the yarn wears well. They are knit in Schachenmayer Regia Fluromania in Neon Now. I've been knitting these one at a time magic loop style which seems to work the best for me.



I have a second pair on the needles in pink/purple for a last minute holiday gift.


Now for myself, I have this epic pair of extra long socks, modifiying Laura Chau's Delicious Knee Socks . These babies have been in the planning since I splurged on the yarn (years ago for my birthday) at the now closed, but once wonderful, Purl Diva store. The yarn is String Theory's Caper Sock in Avalon and it is divine. Definitely worth the wait!





No comments: