Monday, January 21, 2008

Stash Consumption

The gift was a big success at the shower on Saturday. Woohoo! I had to tell her that I knit it myself because everyone thought it was store bought. Not a knitter in the house...so interesting that with about 30 people there, no one was a current knitter. Anyways, I'm excited that she liked it. So on to the next project(s):
This is on the way to become leg warmers for my 2 year old for her ballet class. I'm winging the pattern, but it is very basic with a simple k2p2 rib at each end & St st in the middle. To make it even easier I'm doing it in the round so I don't have to purl or sew a seam. The goal is to finish them by Thursday so the St st should go quickly.

I have a habit of picking up single balls of yarn at every yarn store I go into. Usually just 1 ball, which is never enough to really work with. These 2 came from a yarn shop wayyyyy up north in New Hampshire that I visited with my mom 2 years ago. They were in the sale bin so who knows how long they were sitting way up there, but they were calling out to me so here they are. The pink is a hand dyed 100% alpaca called Atacama from Chile and the white is a mix of acrylic & wool from Phildar in France. Hopefully they will have a nice life as my daughter's legwarmers!

I'm REALLY trying to use up my stash before I buy more yarn. From what I hear, this is a common dilema, but I definitely want to make some progress before my Ravelry invite comes (2,570 people still ahead of me). I just know that I will be compelled to log every single bit of yarn in my stash. Argggggg...compulsive organizer freak that I am.

I have 2 more WIP as well, but no photos yet. You'll just have to wait & see!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Can't wait to see the finished legwarmers! Maybe when Brooke starts dance classes in a year, I can buy some from you! Loved the pictures you sent of Noa in her dancing gear! She is so beautiful!
Love your work, Karen. You're very talented!!

Karen said...

Oh Shannon, you're so sweet:)